A ration card is considered to be an important document for various purposes for Indian citizens. It is generally used as an identification and residence proof and to obtain food and other rationed items from rationing shops. The ration shop provides us the commodities at lower price such as rice, sugar, wheat etc. One can apply for various documents such as Domicile Certificate, Voter ID cards and other required important documents. Ration cards are used when resources are low in a country and it ensures that citizens conserve valuable resources. Government controls the distribution of scare resources by restricting the people to buy the scare goods and services. The usage of ration card also enables citizens to stay connected with the Government database. The Karnataka concerned Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs has started an easy and time saving process of online registration of ration card through online application service.
Ration card is allotted to an applicant on the basis of different categories and their income status:
- Below Poverty Line (BPL): These ration cards are alloted to those people who are earning less than Rs 10,000 per annum and Government provides them food and grains at lower prices.
- Above Poverty Line (APL): These ration cards are alloted to those people who are earning more than Rs 10,000 per annum and such people are not liable to get food and grains from ration shops.
- Antyodaya Families (AYY): These ration cards are alloted to those who are very poor and don’t have a stable income and Government issues a yellow ration card for them.
Website URL : www.ahara.kar.nic.in
To apply for new ration card in Karnataka click here: http://ahara.kar.nic.in/Doc/newrc.pdf
Citizens who can apply for a ration card:
- Those families who don’t hold ration cards.
- People belonging to economically weaker section.
- Couples who got recently married in the state.
- Those who hold temporary or expired ration cards.
If any applicant wishes to know about Ration card in various districts in Karnataka then in that case he / she can check this link: www.ahara.kar.nic.in/home_rc_view_main.htm
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLYING RATION CARD:
- Voter Id Card
- Recently paid Water or Electricity Bill
- Passport Copy
- Complete Residential Address
- Total number of family members with their details
- Applicant’s yearly income
- LPG connection (if any)
- applicant’s Contact details along with valid email Id (if any)
- Applicants who are unmarried must provide details of their parents
- Text the name of the applicant to 9212357123 from your mobile number.
- After the text process you will get the intimation message of a token number and a security code on your mobile number.
- You are suggested to look out for a valid ration card holder who will act as your introducer
- After this process you will go for the biometric fingerprint scans and photographs.
- You are required to log on to your online ration card application in front of your introducer.
- You are also required to fill the details of your family members in the online application form.
- Next step is to upload the photographs and biometrics of yourself and your family members.
- The copy of recently paid water or electricity bill, identity and residence proof must be scanned from the original copies and same should be uploaded at the photo biometric-center.
- For the verification process your introducer will also carry his/her original ration card and electricity bill while introducing you to the photo biometric-center.
- Now you are required to download the self-declaration certificate and then sign it.
- After signature you need to scan the declaration and upload the document through online mode.
- Then you will soon receive the will receive a acknowledgement slip of your application from.
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR RATION CARD IN BANGALORE :
If you wish to check the application status of your ration card please click here : http://ahara.kar.nic.in.
Addition/Deletion of a Family Member’s Name in Ration Card:
When an Applicant wants to Add or Delete any of his/her Family member’s name in Ration Card then he/she has to follow the below mentioned procedure:
- You are required to fill the completed FORM D1-A and submit it in the office of District Food and Supplies Controller / Assistant Food and Supplies Officer / Inspector Food and Supplies or in the concerned Tehsil / District Level e- Disha Center between 9 AM to 1 PM during any of the working days.
- Applicant need to submit two recent group photos of his/her family with the Application form.
- Applicant is also required to submit his/her original Ration Card along with any one of the below mentioned documents ;
a) Surrender Certificate,
b) Birth Certificate,
c) Death Certificate ( If required ),
- After the submission of documents the applicant will get a system generated slip which indicates the date and time as to when the applicant should contact the concerned area office/department for obtaining ration card.
- An applicant can collect his or her ration card within 7 working days from the concerned office of District Food and Supplies Controller / Assistant Food and Supplies Officer /Inspector Food and Supplies OR concerned Tehsil / District Level e-Disha Center where he/she submitted the application form.
Prescribed Fee :
An applicant needs to pay Rs. 10 /- for the same.
Applicants are informed that if they are applying for BPL Card then they are not required to pay such fee amount.
Dept. Name: Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department
Building: No 8, Marketing Federation Building
Place: Cunningham Road
PIN – 560052
Toll Free Help Line Number: 1-800-425-9339