Ration card is certificate which is issued by the government. It contains information about the ration card holder and their family members.It is very useful in circumstances like emergency, war or when the resources are limited. It permits the holder of ration card to receive commodities of daily use or other products at a lower price. Ration cards in India plays an important role in Public Distribution System (PDS). Citizens who belongs to economically weaker sections can purchase commodities like cereals, rice, wheat, sugar and cooking oil with the help of their ration cards at lower prices.Ration card is an existence proof of poor people. For Public Distribution System ration card has become an identity, eligibility and entitlement.works on it. Ration cards plays a vital role for all citizens. Where it is useful for poor people financially, it is useful for other citizens as well in different ways. It is used to apply documents like driving licence, domicile certificate and many other important legal documents.Now a days it has become an important document for identification. Citizens who are below poverty line are issued Blue Cards, because of which they get special subsidies. States also issues temporary ration cards and they have validity for specific months.
Citizens Who Can Apply for Ration Card:
- People who doesn’t have ration card.
- Citizens belonging to economically weaker sections also can apply.
- Couples who got recently married.
- Those who have temporary or expired ration cards.
Documents Required for Applying Ration Card:
Following self attested documents are required;
- Completed ration card application form,
- You need to have 2 recent photographs of head of family,
- Surrender certificate or surrendered ration card (if any),
Any of the following self attested documents needs to be attached along with the application form;
- Copy of photo identity proof and residential proof issued by the government,
- Recent electricity or water bill (should be on the name the applicant or any other member whose name is included in the form),
- Registration deed of the house which should be in the name of HOF,
- Power of Attorney,
- Copy of house tax receipt,
In case of tenant;
- No objection certificate from the owner
- Receipt of the rent paid which should in the name of HOF,
- Also the copy of ration card of the house owner.
You can download application for fresh Ration card Delhi
Delhi Ration card Renewal Application Form ( Only for AAY/ BPL/ JRC/ RCRC Ration Cards)
Procedure to Apply for Ration Card;
- You are required to deposit the form at the concerned area office to the dealing assistant.
- After the submission of the form the dealing assistant will give the time and date of collection of Ration card / status which includes the rejection letter with the reasons by capturing Bio-metric impression of the applicant.
- Then the IT assistant makes the entry in the system so that the officers present in the head office can continue the procedure.
- After this the concerned area inspector visits the location of applicant within 2 weeks for the purpose of verification.
- After the verification if the inspector finds any lack in the documents then the inspector gives the deficiency memo to the applicant of ration card.
- Then the inspector fills the report online in the computer.
- On the basis of the report and application the concerned department approves or rejects the application of ration card online.
- In case the application is rejected, a rejection letter is printed with reasons.
- After this process the accepted or rejected applications are uploaded on the website and the on the notice board of the concerned area office.
- After checking on the website or notice board the applicant is suppose to collect the ration card from the concerned area office within the due time mentioned on the application receipt.
- At the time of delivery of ration card the biometric impressions are matched.
Addition of a Name in Ration Card;
It is important to add the name in the ration card in two cases;
In case of a new born baby
In case of marriage
In case of a new born baby one is required to follow the below mentioned procedure;
- Applicant should visit the district collector office.
- Applicant must apply for a new ration card in the name of the new born baby.
- Fill up the application form properly with the required documents like the birth certificate of the child, marriage certificate and ration card of the child’s parents.
- After the submission of application it generally takes two weeks but not less than two months to serve the new ration card to the applicant.
- In case of marriage one is required to follow the below mentioned procedure;
Newly wedded couple should visit the nearest concerned area office and collect the application form.
- You are required to fill the form properly.
- You are required to submit the form with the copy of marriage certificate, wedding invitation card, modified bank account after your marriage.
Deletion of Name in Ration Card;
Generally there are two types of circumstances when a citizen needs to delete the name from the ration card.
Those two circumstances are;
- When a person gets separated from his or her family, or
- On the death of a family member.
In order to delete the name from the ration card one has to follow the below mentioned steps;
- Visit to their nearby office of your concerned area.
- Collect the prescribed form and fill it with all the details.
- In case of family division no such documents are required. The applicant has to sign the application form.
- In case of a death of a family member with the filled prescribed form the applicant has to submit the death certificate of the family member and for the purpose of verification the inspector of concerned area will visit the location of applicant to verify the truth.
How to search ration card details and status online
Now you can visit department and public distribution official website which is http://epdsdelhi.nic.in/nic-scbpdsDEL/report/
Here you can check your ration card status using
Food and Supplies Department, K Block, Vikas Bhawan,
IP Estate New Delhi -110002
Phone / Fax Number – 011-23379206