Ration card is a legal document used for various purposes in a state. Its is a document which is important and vital for all the citizens. It is used for getting different government certificates like driving licence, passport, voter Id card, domicile certificate and many more. It is considered as an identity proof for the citizens. Now ration cards comes with a photograph affixed on it and it is considered as a photo identity proof. Ration card is very useful for poor people as they can avail food grains and fuel at lower prices form rationing shops. Various rationing shops are available in all the areas of the state. In case of rural areas the Sarpanch of the district issues the ration card and in case of urban areas the Inspector, Food and Civil Supply (FCS), department issues the ration card.
- APL Card : APL card is issued to those people who are above poverty line and whose annual income is above Rs.10,000. The card is of blue or green color.
- BPL Card : BPL card is issued to those people who are below poverty line and whose annual income is less than Rs. 10,000. The card is of dark pink color.
- Anthodaya, Anna Yojana (AAY) : This card is issued to the poorest of the poor. This card is of yellow color.
- Annapoorna Card : This type of card is issued to the people who are not living with their children, are not working or not receiving pension.
- The applicant must be an Indian Citizen.
- The applicant must be the head of the family.
- The applicant needs to submit the surrender certificate in case if the applicant is shifting from one place to another.
- The applicant needs to submit the certificate stating that he or she does not hold any ration card.
- In case of marriage or birth of a child applicant needs to submit the marriage certificate or the birth certificate respective to the case.
- Applicant needs to collect the application form which is available at any office of Food and Civil Supplies department.
- The next step would be to fill up the form accurately and properly with the complete information.
- After filling the form applicant needs to attach necessary documents along with the form. Necessary documents are mentioned below: – Voter identity card- A Rs. 2 worth of court fee stamp
– Residential Proof (receipt of tax payment or document of rent agreement or bank pass book or electricity bill or telephone bill). Any one of the document mentioned can be used as a residential proof.
- After attaching all the documents applicant needs to submit the form at the jurisdictional range office.
- At the time of submission the applicant will be provided an acknowledgment slip in which the date and time of collection of ration card will be mentioned.
- Applicant can download the form from the website http://emitra.gov.in/
- After downloading the form applicant needs to fill in the form properly with all the information required.
- The next step after filling the form will be to submit the form along with the necessary documents mentioned above.
- The remaining procedure will be same like offline procedure.
- Applicant is required to apply for a duplicate ration card by filling up the form D-1.
- Applicant needs to attach two copies of group photographs of family.
- Also he or she needs to attach the report of the depot holder and two copies of chalan with Rs .5 penalty fee.
- Applicant then needs to submit the form with the documents at the emitra centers.
- After submission of the form the applicant will get the duplicate ration card.
- Applicant needs to visit the food and civil supplies department and collect the form for the new ration card on the name of new born baby.
- Fill in the form with the all the details required.
- Birth certificate of the new born baby.
- Marriage certificate of parents.
- Ration card of the parents.
- Deletion certificate of parent’s ration card from parent’s family (if there name exists in the separate ration card).
Once the form is submitted along with all the details applicant should receive the new ration card within 2 weeks or minimum 2 months.
- Applicant is requested to visit the food and civil supply department and collect the application form from the concerned department.
- The next step would be to fill in the form properly and completely.
Applicant needs to submit the following documents along with the application form:
- Marriage registration certificate.
- Modified bank account after marriage.
- Wedding invitation card.
- Joint LIC policy of newly married couple.
Deletion of Name from the Ration Card:
- Applicant needs to visit the nearest Food and Civil Supply Department and collect the form.
- In case of family subdivision no such documents are required, tha applicant is required to only sign the application form.
- Applicant needs to collect the form from the concerned area office.
- The next step would be to fill in the form.
- Applicant is required to submit the form along with the necessary documents like the death certificate of the family member.
- Submit the form along with the documents and applicant will be provided with a slip in which the date will be mentioned on which the applicant has to visit the concerned area office to collect the deletion certificate.
- Also before the issuance of deletion certificate the inspector of the concerned department comes for the verification purpose.
Lal Kothi, Tonk Road,