Ration card in Uttar Pradesh is an important legal document used for various purposes. It is used for getting subsidized food grains and fuel from ration shops. It is also used as an identity proof for citizens for opening new bank accounts, for applying for new gas connection, as an address proof, for applying for passport etc. It is mandatory to obtain ration card to get food grains and fuel from ration shops at lower prices. Citizens who belong to economically weaker section are eligible to get food grains and fuel from ration shops. Citizens who are above poverty line can use ration cards only as an identity proof and are not eligible for obtaining subsidized food grains and fuel. The ration is an A-4 size folded card or chip-embedded card. It has a photograph of the head of the family member on it and it is issued one per family by the government. To bring transparency and accuracy in distribution in distribution of ration card government has started the process of verification. Once the verification is completed applicant gets the ration card.
- APL (Above Poverty Line) Ration Card : These type of cards are to the people who have annual income more than Rs 10,000. They are not eligible to obtain food grains and fuel at lower prices from ration shops.
- BPL (Below Poverty Line) Ration Card : These type of card issued to those people who have annual income of less than Rs 10,000. They are entitled to get food grains and fuel at lower prices from ration shops.
- AAY (Antyodya Anna Yojana) Ration Card: These cards are issued to the people like rickshaw pullers, coolies etc which helps them to meet their expenses in a easier way.
- AY (Annpurna Yojna) Ration Card : These cards are issued to the citizens who are above the age of 65 years.
Eligibility Criteria for Obtaining Ration Card :
- In case of marriage : In case of marriage the name has to be added in the ration card and the ration card has to surrendered to the concerned area office. Applicant gets the amended ration card within a specified period of time.
- In case of birth : The name of the new born child has to be added in the ration card.
- In case of transfer : If the applicant transfers from one place to another place he or she is required to surrender the ration card and it is the government duty to provide them the new ration card.
Procedure to Apply for a New Ration Card :
- In order to apply offline applicant needs to collect the form no.1 form the concerned area office.
- Applicant needs to fill in the form completely and properly with all the necessary details.
- After filling the form applicant needs to submit necessary documents which will be mentioned below :
- Applicant needs to attach an identity proof and an address proof, it can be Voter Id card / passport / electricity bill / water bill / telephone bill / driving licence / copy of bank pass book / receipt of house tax in case if the applicant is the owner of the house / no objection certificate in case if the applicant is the tenant.
- Two copies of family group photographs.
- Documents needs to be get attested.
- After attaching all the documents applicant needs to submit the form in the concerned area office.
- At the time of submission applicant will receive an acknowledgment slip in which time and date of receiving the ration card will be mentioned.
- If an applicant wishes to apply for ration card online he or she needs to visit the official website of the state uponline.up.nic.in or in edistrict.up.nic.in and downloa
d form no. 1 from the following link : http://184.108.40.206/ ssdgsap/PdfFor…ion%20card. pdf or http://edistrict.up. nic.in/Downloads…ion%20card.
- After getting the form applicant needs to fill in all the necessary information.
- Applicant is required to make his or her signature and also attach a photograph along with thumb print and submit the form.
- After the verification process is completed officers will come to your house and will check the documents. After this officer will provide you the date and time on which the applicant is suppose to collect the ration card.
Procedure to Obtain Ration Card Cancellation Certificate :
Procedure to Apply for Correction in the Ration Card Uttar Pradesh:
Procedure for Addition and Deletion in the Ration Card :
In case of Addition :
- Applicant needs to collect the application form and fill it properly.
- In case of birth of a child applicant should submit the birth certificate, certificate of marriage and ration card of parents of the child and parents ration card’s certificate of deletion.
- In case of marriage certificate of registration of marriage, invitation card of wedding, after marriage customized bank account, newly married couple’s joint LIC policy.
In case of deletion :
Procedure to Apply for Duplicate Ration Card :
- Applicant is required to fill in the form D to apply for the duplicate ration card.
- Applicant needs to submit the verification form and get it authenticated form the depot holder.
- At the time of submission applicant will receive an acknowledgment slip in which the date of issuance of duplicate ration card will be mentioned.
Procedure of Ration Card Transfer :
Documents Required For Rashan card UP :
- 3 passport size photographs of applicant.
- Address proof of the applicant in which the permanent address is mentioned.