Ration card is a legal document issued by government to all the citizens. Now a days ration card has become a very useful documents for all the citizens. It is an important tool of identification. It is issued under the authority of Public Distribution System (PDS) which permits the citizens to purchase the essential commodities from various rationing shops. It enables people who belongs to economically weaker section to save money by purchasing products like cereals, food grains, kerosene oil, and other basic products at lower price. It helps people to obtain other legal documents like residential proofs, in getting new LPG connection, domicile certificate etc.
- Applicant is required to obtain the form from any of the circle office / SDO within your area.
- Applicants needs a passport size photo of head family member which should be attested by any of the MLA, MP, Gazetted officer or by the municipal corporation of your area.
- Applicant needs to submit an address proof which can be either voter Id card, recent electricity or water bill, receipt of property tax paid in the current year, LPG connection which should be in the name of the head of the family.
- If an applicant is having an older ration card, the applicant needs to also submit surrender / deletion certificate.
- In case of tenant, applicant can submit the copy of No Objection Certificate.
- After filling the form properly along with all the necessary documents and submit it at the concerned area office.
- Check the official website of Bihar State www.bihar.gov.in and select the option of e-services and then search for the link of Food and Consumer Protection.
- Click on the above mentioned link and you will find the registration form. Fill the application form online and fill in the correct and appropriate information required.
- The next step would be to attach the necessary documents and take the print out.
- After taking out the print out applicant needs to submit the copy of registration in your concerned area office.
After submission the applicant can collect the ration card within the specified time duration.