Go east to west or north to south ration card is a document which is necessary in all the states. Ration card is a legal document issued by the government to all the citizens who are eligible to hold the ration card. Government has a department who handles the issuance of ration card, grievances related to ration card, assists the people with the important information related to ration card. The department is known as Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs department. Also there is a department under FCSCA which is Public Distribution System. Ration card is a document in which the name of the head of the family along with the name of the family members with their age is mentioned. Ration card is mandatory for all the citizens of the state. Ration card has several uses like it is used in obtaining passport, voter id card, domicile certificate and other legal documents as it is considered as an identity proof of the citizen. It is used by the poor people who are below the poverty line in obtaining food grains from the fair price shops at lower price. The department has decided three categories of ration card which means the citizens are divided into categories on the basis of their income.
- Above Poverty Line : In order to bring all the necessary and essential commodities in the grasp of all the citizens PDS has decided to issue 35 kgs of rice at Rs 9.5 per kg to all those who hold APL ration cards. The people of this category have stable income and are able to fulfill their basic necessities.
- Below Poverty Line : The people of this category are poor as they do not have any stable income and are not able to fulfill their basic necessities. Keeping this in mind the system has decided to issue 35 kgs of rice at Rs 6.5 per kg.
- Antyodaya Anna Yojna : The people of this category are selected among the BPL card holders who are poorest of the poor. System has decided to issue 35 kgs of rice at Rs 3 per kg. System has decided to include widows, terminally ill, citizens who are above 60 (BPL card holders) in the category of AAY.
- The first step would be to fill in the application form with all the necessary documents required.
- Applicant should fill in all the details about himself and also the details of the family members.
- Applicant should attach all the important documents along with the application form.
- After all the documents and application form is ready the applicant should submit the form at the concerned area office of ration card.
- Once the form is submitted the applicant is given an acknowledgement slip which contains the expected date of delivery of ration card.
- Once the verification process is completed new ration card is issued to the applicant.
- If the applicant wants to add the name in the ration card in case of migration applicant should apply for the deletion certificate to the concerned DCSO under whose authority original ration card was issued.
- Once the applicant receives migration certificate which will allow the applicant to add the name in the ration card or get a new ration card at the new location.
- In case of addition of the name of a new born applicant should submit the form along with the birth certificate.
- In case of deletion of name from ration card in case of death, applicant should submit the death certificate at the concerned area office.
Directorate of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs
Treasury Square Venghlui,
Tel. no. : 0389-2322872