Goa, 25th state in the Union States of India is a small land on the west coast of India. It covers 3702 square kilometers of area. It is divided into two districts North Goa and South Goa. The entire state comprises of 11 talukas. It has approximately population of 13,42,998. This state has a unique relationship among various religious communities. Goa is considered to be one of the best state of India because of its environment, investment and infrastructure. The state is also known for its ports which is plays an important role in import and export. With the help of export and import state has got a better way of development. Also state is known for its foreign trade which again is a source of development. Fishing industry has also contributed a lot towards the development of the state. A state develops when the people living in the state develops. For the development of citizens it is important to provide them with good education, employment, good class of living and many more. Government has taken lot of measures to develop the standard of living of the citizens. Also government issues various legal documents like passport, ration card, voter id card, domicile certificate and many more. These documents are issued to the citizens so that they can avail various facilities like taking the electricity services, water service, gas connection, to purchase a new property and for many legal procedures.
Ration card is one of the important document which is mandate for all the citizens of the state. It is considered to be an identification proof for all the cardholders. Here is a small explanation about various uses of one of the legal document ration card. Ration card is issued by the State Government to all its citizens. Government has appointed a department which Department of Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs. They issue ration card to those citizens who are eligible for it. This is one of the department which has a close contact with the general public. They issue ration card on the basis of the economical condition of the citizens. They have divided ration card in three categories – Above Poverty Line, Below Poverty Line, Antyodaya Anna Yojna. People who have stable source of income and are able to fulfill their basic needs on the regular basis comes under above poverty line. People who do not have any stable source of income and are not able to fulfill their basic needs comes under below poverty line and people who are poorest of the poor comes under Antyodaya Anna Yojna. Department has started a scheme for people who holds BPL and AAY cards. They are entitled to get food grains like wheat, rice, sugar, at lower prices every month. They get these food grains from the fair price shops which are established by the department of Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs in all the areas of the district for the convenience of the citizens.
Eligibility to Obtain Ration Card :
- Applicant should be above the age of 18 years.
- Applicant should be the citizen of India.
- Applicant should be the head of the family.
- Applicant should not hold ration card in any other state.
There are two procedures to apply for a ration card – offline and online procedures. Offline procedure is a way where the applicant can go ahead and apply for the ration card in a manual way and where as online procedure is concerned here applicant can apply through internet for the ration card. The explanation of both the procedure is mentioned below :
Procedure to apply for a new ration card :
- Applicant is required to apply on a plain paper along with the prescribed form (Annexure H) to the Mamlatdar of the concerned taluka.
- In the form applicant is suppose to fill in the complete information about the family members.
- Also applicant is requested to attach the copy of gas connection, electricity connection, LPG connection, and also the income certificate.
- If in case of transfer the applicant wants to apply for a ration card, he or she is requested to submit a cancellation form which can be obtained from the Mamlatdar of the concerned taluka of the previous place.
- If cancellation certificate is not available, applicant can submit an affidavit with a photograph stating that applicant does not hold ration card in any other state.
- Once the application is submitted it will be forwarded for the verification process and after successful verification ration card will be issued to the applicant.
- No fee will be charged for the application.
Procedure to apply for a duplicate ration card:
- If an applicant wants to apply for a duplicate ration card, he or she has to apply on a plain paper and get a certificate from the fair price shop.
- Applicant is required to submit an affidavit stating the reason to apply for a duplicate ration card, details of the members and the residential address.
- Also applicant is required to attach a copy of a challan of Re 1 in the government treasury.
- Duplicate ration card will be issued to the applicant within 7 days and after getting the report from fair price shop.
Procedure to cancel the name in the ration card:
- Applicant is required to apply on a plain paper stating the name of the person which has to be deleted in the ration card.
- The cancellation certificate should be issued to the applicant within 2 days after due deletion of name in the ration card.
Online Procedure: Applicant can visit the official website for applying the ration card and follow the required steps in a proper order.
Official Website : www.goacivilsupplies.gov.in
Important Information :
Now card holders can update their details and correct any kind of mistakes in their ration card for their new smart ration cards. Department has released the data verification forms at Fair Price Shops. The department has decided that Public Distribution System will be computerized. Card holders are required to fill in the correct and updated information about their income, date of birth etc. If card holders are interested to add name in the ration card, he or she has to provide the birth certificate along with the verification form and those who are interested to delete the name from the ration card he or she has to provide the death certificate of the deceased member. After the verification forms will be filled and submitted card holders will be allotted smart ration cards.